Monday, July 21, 2014

My Garden & Under the Sea - Trashpo collage - Jan Moss



My MOTHER is a collage artist too. She also paints with plants.  These two pieces arrived today - a day after the 'official' deadline for this leg of exhibitions - but when have I ever followed rules?  

These beautiful gems have a Mexican feel, IMHO and Jan has managed to incorporate her garden, her wonderful beads, berries, the sea and salamanders. Note: no minks, mice or bats, though. The backs of these are (top) a lindt chocolate box and (bottom)  a colgate toothpaste box, so she's got a little trashpo going on and a bit of irony, maybe, with candy and dental paste? 

Definately better late than never. Can't wait for the two shows to be over so I can frame a few of my favourite things!

No comments:

Post a Comment