Monday, July 21, 2014

Continuation Simon Warren nos 8, 9, 10, 12, 13








So much to be interested in in these pieces from Simon Warren.  I may not have the world view to understand all that Simon alludes to, but wish I did.  I see that Simon has edited his ink words, revising, deleting the 'des' from 'despair' to make a new story, or statement. Later he eliminates 'despair' altogether. I am partial to his shadowy figures and am interested in the hisotry he tells of Cranberry Island.  I tried to do a bit of cursory research about slavery on these Cranberry Islands.  We did have craberries so perhaps it's linked to that?  

The people who brought us to Cranberry, the Storey family, have a different history to the one Simon depicts. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moorfield_Storey


No comments:

Post a Comment